As with all other disciplines, there is no substitute for experience!
Dr. Allen’s extensive background in a range of veterinary disciplines positions him uniquely as someone you might want to consult for a second opinion.
Be it in special cases, or in more general situations where you want to seek additional medical expertise for your pet, or when you feel that as a client your personal needs mandate extra consideration, Dr. Allen will always strive to present you with the latest in medicine, tailored to your pets unique case, and your budget alike.
After completion of an internship at the FU Berlin, Dr. Allen decided to expand his scope of expertise beyond the fields of General Practice, and one year into his residency at FU Berlin he opted to continue his post graduate training in the USA.
During the following years, Dr. Allen was mentored by some of the most recognized names in various specialties of veterinary medicine., including internal medicine, surgery, and dentistry.
Among his teachers and mentors are world renowned capacities and pioneers, such as:
• Prof. Dr. Leo Brunnberg, FU Berlin, Germany: orthopedic & soft tissue surgery
• Prof. Dr. M. Pavletic, ASPCA- Angell, Boston, MA: reconstructive surgery
• Dr. B. Slocum, Eugene, OR: TPLO licensure
as well as widely recognized protagonists in their respective fields, like
• Dr. Alice Villalobos, PCH/ACC, Hermosa Beach, CA: oncology and
• Dr. David Nielson, AMG, Manhattan Beach, CA: veterinary dentistry
Over the past 25 years, Dr Allen has built and operated various veterinary hospitals for small animals across continents.